Volunteers play a very important role with the CJGA. Without Volunteers, it would be very difficult to run CJGA events.
The Canadian Junior Golf Association needs you as a volunteer to help in many ways.
As an association, we need your help to:
- help the CJGA provide high level events that our memorable to all;
- and to help the CJGA develop their own facility that would, among other things:
- Greatly reduce our expenses and make our programs available to more young people
- Allow us to expand our Golf Camp program and run day programs for inner city youth, programs for our school systems and adult programs as well
- Allow us to expand our clinics and our teaching programs
- Provide a focal point and meeting place for youth, their parents and our sponsors
As a volunteer, you become a “Partner” in helping develop our youth in life and in this great game of golf. As a volunteer, you can help the Canadian Junior Golf Association accomplish our mission; help provide programs that are open to all young people regardless of economic or other disadvantages; and help expand CJGA programs that will build our youth’s character, the competitive spirit and skills.
How can you help as a Volunteer?
Lending a hand to develop young people in Canada to further their dreams, develop their personality, give them a foundation, and prepare them for the future is a prime directive of the Canadian Junior Golf Association.
There is two ways for you as a Volunteer to become a part of the future for our youth.
1. Volunteer to help with CJGA Events and Tournaments
What can you do?
At CJGA events, Volunteers will help with:
- registration at an event
- pace of play during an event
- help with scoring after the event
- obtaining prizes or giveaways for CJGA Events and Tournaments
- taking photos of the event and prize presentation
- emceeing at an event
2. Volunteer as a fundraiser
Playing golf is expensive for our youth. Fostering the development of young golfers requires our youth playing under demanding conditions and in outstanding competitive venues. The Canadian Junior Golf Association’s events in Canada provide these and much more. The International events the Canadian Junior Golf Association participates in go a step beyond.
How you can help?
- Approach local corporations, businesses or even friends to donate or to sponsor the Canadian Junior Golf Association
- Help with raising funds through donations for the Canadian Junior Golf Association to help lower costs in order for our youth to experience a game for a lifetime.
- Help attain donation of prizes for the event
- Approach your local club to host an event to increase awareness of Canadian Junior Golf Association
- Help obtain junior member lists at your club so that the CJGA can make them aware of the opportunities
Become a volunteer and help our youth realize their goals.
Call the Canadian Junior Golf Association and speak to our staff at 1-800-598-CJGA (2542) or 647-812-8522 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Benefits of being a CJGA Volunteer
- Having the satisfaction that you have assisted the development of our youth in the game of golf in Canada
- Working with and watching the future stars of tomorrow
- Giving back to a game that you have grown fond of
- Receiving Training and Recognition working with our youth
- Work with a fun, young staff
- Contributing to your local community and Canada as a whole
- Work with Elite Junior Golfers in International Competition
Become a volunteer
For more information call the Canadian Junior Golf Association 1-800-598-CJGA (2542) or 647-812-8522 or contact Tyler Torrieri at email@example.com