International Event Qualifying
As part of its 6 stage development program, the Canadian Junior Golf Association offers elite junior golfers in Canada* the opportunity to qualify for international events through the CJGA Junior Tour and CJGA Linkster Tour. The CJGA conducts qualifying tournaments across Canada in order to give every CJGA member an opportunity to qualify.
Please note that in order to participate in CJGA Championship events, you must be a member and in good standing with the Canadian Junior Golf Association.
Internationally, the CJGA has made great strides. In 2003, CJGA Team Canada captured its first World Junior Golf Cup in Scotland, defeating a tough American contingent. The team was also victorious in 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2012, 2014 and 2015 over Team USA and the Fife Golfing Union.
That 2003 victory was followed up with CJGA Team Canada’s first North America Cup victory in 2004 at Berkeley Hall Golf Club in Hilton Head, SC. Canada recaptured the title in 2007 with a victory at Weston Golf & Country Club in Toronto over their American counterparts. In 2014, after a seven-year drought, CJGA Team Canada captured the cup once again on American soil.
Great individual performances have been recorded on the international stage by CJGA members. Eugene Wong of North Vancouver, BC (2008) and Adam Svensson of Surrey, BC (2010) captured individual titles at the Junior World Golf Championship and Matt Williams (Calgary, AB) had a 4th place finish in 2012.
Through a series of CJGA qualifiers on both the Junior and Linkster Tours, CJGA members will have the following international & national opportunities:
- North America Cup
- Euro Junior Golf Cup
- IMG Academy Junior World Golf Championships (Junior & Linkster Tour)
- US Kids Golf – Teen & Kids World Championships (Linkster & Junior Tour)
- Aaron Baddeley International Junior Championship
- International Junior Masters
- AJGA/CJGA Junior Championship
- Junior America’s Cup – (Alberta Girls)
- Junior America’s Cup – (Alberta Boys)
- CJGA World Junior Challenge
IMPORTANT NOTES ON QUALIFYING
- All International Events are subject to different qualifying & eligibility regulations.
- Please ensure you have read and are familiar with the corresponding qualifying rules for the event you wish to participate in, details on qualifying rules for specific events can be accessed through the links located above.
- In order to participate in an international event as part of a provincial team or team Canada, successful qualifiers must be a Canadian Citizen.
- In order to utilize an exemption offered through a CJGA competition, successful qualifiers must be a member of the CJGA in good standing.
- Non-members are eligible to participate in CJGA competitions & qualifiers, subject to the corresponding non-member restrictions which can be found through the following link.