Team British Columbia Selection
GJAC – Team British Columbia – Four (4) Junior Girls (U19)
The following criteria will be used to make selections for Team British Columbia
Qualifying Criteria #1
One (1) spot will be awarded to the winner of the Humber College PGM CJGA Western Championship presented by TaylorMade at Northview G&CC, March 24-26.
One (1) spot will be awarded to the winner of the B.C. Junior Open at Mayfair Lakes G&CC, April 4-5.
Qualifying Criteria #2
One (1) spot awarded to the highest ranked (British Columbia Resident) player, not otherwise exempt, on the 2020 CJGA British Columbia Regional Order of Merit as of June 21, 2020 through the CJGA Girls Junior America’s Cup qualifying series of events.
- Player must play in a minimum of three (3) CJGA Junior America’s Cup Qualifying series events to be eligible.
- Player must compete in the Junior (U19) division in the qualifying events.
- Player must be 14 years of age by July 21, 2020.
- Player must be a member in good standing of the CJGA.
- Player must be a resident of the province of British Columbia.
CJGA Girls Junior America’s Cup Qualifying Series (British Columbia) events include the following;
B1 – March 7-8 – CJGA Junior at University, University Golf Club, Vancouver, BC
B2 – March 24-26 – Humber College PGM CJGA Western Championship presented by TaylorMade at Northview G&CC, Surrey, BC
B3 – April 4-5 – CJGA B.C. Junior Open, Mayfair Lakes G&CC, Richmond, BC
B4 – April 18-19 – IMG Academy Junior World Golf Championship Qualifier, Sandpiper Golf Resort, Harrison Hills, BC
B5 – May 9-10 – CJGA BC Junior at Swaneset, Swaneset Bay Resort, Pitt Meadows, BC
B6 – June 20-21 – CJGA Junior at Pagoda Ridge, Pagoda Ridge Golf Club, Langley, BC
Note: Only a player’s two (3) best finishes from the JAC Qualifying Series of events will be used to determine a player’s ranking for Team selection. (For example, if a player competes in all six events in the GJAC Qualifying Series of events and finishes 4th, 8th, 1st, 5th, 9th, & 3rd, only the Merit Points awarded for 1st, 3rd, & 4th place finishes will count towards the team selection and the remaining three finishes will be dropped from consideration).
For the purposes of the Regional Order of Merit, all events award points based on the CJGA Tier 3 merit point distribution criteria.
Tie Breakers: In the event of a tie for the final spot on Team British Columbia, ties will be broken based on the following criteria.
- Scoring Average:
- The players scoring average for their best five (5) rounds played in their three (3) best tournament finishes as part of the CJGA GJAC Qualifying Series.
- Should players remain tied after the above comparison then the selection committee will compare the players scoring average over all six (6) rounds played in their three (3) best tournament finishes as part of the CJGA GJAC Qualifying Series.
Qualifying Criteria #3
One (1) spot will be awarded to a CJGA British Columbia member as a Captain’s Pick. This spot will be awarded to a player based on the following criteria:
- Player in good standing of the CJGA.
- Player that has competed in CJGA events in the current year (2020)
- Player that has meets a qualifying score of 158 in a minimum of two CJGA events (2020)
- Player that sits inside the top 50 on Golf Canada’s National Order of Merit
*Note: The CJGA reserves the right to select team members outside of qualifying requirements.
Dates: July 19 – 23, 2020
Course: Banbury GC, Eagle, Idaho
- 2020 Boys Junior Americas Cup Qualifying – Team Alberta
- 2020 Girls Junior America’s Cup Qualifying – Alberta
- 2020 Girls Junior America’s Cup Qualifying – British Columbia
- IMG Junior World Championship Qualifying
- US Kids World Championship Qualifying
- US Kids TEEN World Championship Qualifying
- North America Cup
- Euro Golf Cup