July 11-14, 2022
Kings Forest Golf Club – Hamilton, ON
The PING Canadian Junior Match-Play Championship is one of the Canadian Junior Golf Associations “Major” Junior Championships and is the only Nationally run match-play championship for junior & bantam aged players.
For over 22 seasons the PING Canadian Junior Match-Play Championship has provided an opportunity for both Boys & Girls age 10-18 years of age to gain valuable experience in competitive match-play, a format that many of the worlds top amateur championships utilize.
Match-Play is the truest test of ones skills & mental capabilities on the golf course, as players not only need to compete against the golf course but go head-to-head against another competitor in a one-on-one competition that will put their course management skills to the ultimate test.
THIS EVENT IS RANKED BY:
- Global Junior Golf Rankings
- Junior Golf Scoreboard
- GOLFTEC National Order of Merit
- AJGA PBE
- Golf Ontario
- Scratch Players World Amateur Rankings
Richmond Hill, ON
Four-day event consisting of two days of stroke play and two days of match play.
- Stroke play – Day 1 & 2
- Match play – Day 3 & 4
Junior Boys (U19) – Top 16 advance to match-play
Bantam Boys (U15) – Top 16 advance to match-play
Junior Girls (U19) – Top 16 advance to match-play
Bantam Girls (U15) – Top 16 advance to Match-play
Number of players qualifying for match play may decrease based on tournament entries per division. Final number of match play seeds will be announced 7 days prior to the tournament.
Juniors can earn exemptions into the PING Canadian Junior Match Play Championship by the following methods:
- Winner or finalist of 2018, 2019 & 2021 PING Canadian Match Play Championship
- Placed 1st or 2nd (including ties) in any CJGA Junior Tour event during the 2019, 2020 and 2021 season.
- The top golfers from the previous season’s National Championships:
- Girls Divisions – Top 5 and ties
- Boys U15 Division – Top 5 and ties
- Boys U19 Division – Top 10 and ties
- Winner of any National Or Provincial Junior Championship in 2019, 2020 and 2021. (Ex. Canadian Junior Boys Championship, Ontario Junior Girls Championship)
- Winner of any 2019/2020/2021 Next Gen Championship, or any Future Links Championship held prior to June 3, 2020.
- Current members of Canada’s National Team, or current members of any Provincial Team.
- Other: Players who do not meet one or more of the above listed qualifying criteria may submit a resume to the CJGA Tournament Committee for consideration located on the Championship web page. All applications must be received prior to June 1, 2022.
Please note that in order to participate in the PING Canadian Junior Match-Play Championship or any other CJGA Championship events, players must be a current member in good standing of the Canadian Junior Golf Association.
Please note before registering, please fill out the required resume below, add the numbers at the bottom and then click on Send Application. You will be the redirected to the PING Registration page on onpar.golf.
Resume for Ping Canadian Matchplay Championship
“I do like match play. I like trying to match an opponent shot for shot. It’s a challenge. And it’s something different.” (Retief Goosen)
“Chips get holed, shots get holed, and putts get holed, because there’s that intense focus on trying to hole that shot. As opposed to stroke play which is so much more conservative.” (Graeme McDowell on the difference between match play & stroke play!)
“Match play really exposes your character and how much of a will to win you have in your heart.” (Johnny Miller)