Girls Junior Americas Cup Qualifying – British Columbia
CJGA Team British Columbia Selection
Two (2) spots will be awarded to the highest ranked (British Columbia Resident) player, not otherwise exempt, through the CJGA Junior America’s Cup qualifying series of events.
- Player must play in a minimum of two (2) CJGA Junior America’s Cup Qualifying series events to be eligible.
- Player must compete in the Junior (U19) division in the qualifying events.
- Player must be 14 years of age by July 14, 2024.
- Player must be a member in good standing of the CJGA.
- Player must be a resident of the province of British Columbia.
Note: Only a player’s two (2) best finishes from the GJAC Qualifying Series of events will be used to determine a player’s ranking for Team selection. (For example, if a player competes in all four events in the GJAC Qualifying Series of events and finishes 4th, 8th, 1st & 3rd, only the Merit Points awarded for 1st & 3rd place finishes will count towards the team selection and the remaining two finishes will be dropped from consideration).
Tie Breakers: In the event of a tie for the final spot on Team British Columbia, ties will be broken based on the following criteria.
- Scoring Average:
- The players scoring average for their best three (3) rounds played in their two (2) best tournament finishes as part of the CJGA GJAC Qualifying Series.
- Should players remain tied after the above comparison then the selection committee will compare the players scoring average over all four (4) rounds played in their two (2) best tournament finishes as part of the CJGA GJAC Qualifying Series.
Two (2) spots will be awarded to CJGA members as a Captain’s Pick. These spots will be awarded to a player based on the following criteria:
- Player in good standing of the CJGA.
- Player that has competed in CJGA events in the current year (2024)
- Player that meets a qualifying score of 158 in a minimum of two CJGA events (2024)