The Canadian Junior Golf Association recognizes that the future of our Country lies with our youth. Their success will be determined by the efforts we make today to develop the character, maturity and personal growth that will enable them to take their rightful place in a highly competitive international environment. These are the very skills our programs build. By helping junior golfers, regardless of their economic means, to develop these skills we are helping to build a strong future for Canada through and for its youth.
The Canadian Junior Golf Association is a "registered Canadian Amateur Athletic Association" – a charity. In twenty-two short years, through the hard work and dedication of a few people, we have developed a program that has assisted thousands of Canadian young people.
The teaching philosophy exemplified in our mentor programs, clinics, multi-day tournaments, our International Events and our Golf camps has garnered an international reputation for the quality of the program and the junior players it produces. None of this would have been possible without the generous support of our sponsors and volunteers.
We have only scratched the surface. While the Canadian Junior Golf Association’s programs play a major role in developing our youth in Canada, it needs dedicated volunteers in order to succeed and provide programs for our youth to develop.
We have made every effort to open the door to all young people, regardless of economic means, but the reality is that without greater support these efforts will meet with limited success.
The Canadian Junior Golf Association needs you as a volunteer to help in many ways.
As an association, we need your help to:
- help the CJGA to provide high level events that our memorable to all;
- make all our events affordable for everyone;
- and to help the CJGA develop their own facility that would, among other things:
- Greatly reduce our expenses and make our programs available to more young people
- Allow us to expand our Golf Camp program and run day programs for inner city youth, programs for our school systems and adult programs as well
- Allow us to expand our clinics and our teaching programs
- Provide a focal point and meeting place for youth, their parents and our sponsors
As a volunteer, you become a “Partner” in helping develop our youth in life and in this great game of golf. As a volunteer, you can help the Canadian Junior Golf Association accomplish our mission; help provide programs that are open to all young people regardless of economic or other disadvantages; and help expand CJGA programs that will build our youth’s character, the competitive spirit and skills.
How can you help as a Volunteer?
Lending a hand to develop young people in Canada to further their dreams, develop their personality, give them a foundation, and prepare them for the future is a prime directive of the Canadian Junior Golf Association.
Many young people do not have the opportunity to play sports because they cannot afford it. Many young people scrape the barrel to find the finances necessary to compete in sport. Many young people are unaware of the opportunities that sport gives them. Canada falls far behind in developing athletes that can compete on a world stage. Our training programs need your help to develop our young athletes so that they can challenge the world.
There is two ways for you as a Volunteer to become a part of the future for these young people.
1. Volunteer to help with CJGA Events and Tournaments
What can you do?
- approach your local club to host an event increase awareness of Canadian Junior Golf Association
- help with registration at an event help with pace of play during an event help with marshalling
- help with scoring after the event
- help with obtaining prizes or giveaways for CJGA Events and Tournaments
- take photos of the event and prize presentation emcee an event
2. Volunteer as a fundraiser
Playing golf is expensive for our youth. Fostering the development of young golfers requires our youth playing under demanding conditions and in outstanding competitive venues. The Canadian Junior Golf Association’s events in Canada provide these and much more. The International events the Canadian Junior Golf Association participates in go a step beyond.
How you can help?
- Approach local corporations, businesses or even friends to donate or to sponsor the Canadian Junior Golf Association
- Help with raising funds through donations for the Canadian Junior Golf Association to help lower costs in order for our youth to experience a game for a lifetime.
- Help attain donation of prizes for the event
- Become an Associate Member
Become a volunteer and help our youth realize their goals.
Call the Canadian Junior Golf Association and speak to Brad Parkins, COO, 1-877-508-1069 ext. 221.
Benefits of being a CJGA Volunteer
- Having the satisfaction that you have assisted the development of our youth in the game of golf in Canada
- Working with and watching the future stars of tomorrow
- Giving back to a game that you have grown fond of
- Receiving Training and Recognition working with our youth
- Work with a fun, young staff
- Contributing to your local community and Canada as a whole Work with Elite Junior Golfers in International Competition
Become a volunteer
For more information call the Canadian Junior Golf Association 1-877-508-1069