About CJGA Membership
BECOME A MEMBER OF THE CJGA
- Are you a Junior or Amateur player looking for a place to compete & hone your skills?
- Perhaps you are pursuing college scholarship opportunities & want a place to help you build your competitive resume?
- Perhaps you are just an accomplished golfer that desires to keep playing at a competitive level in organized competitions.
- Do you want to get your name recognized by National & International ranking organizations?
- Are you to newcomer to the game of golf but want to see what competition is all about & test your skills against your peers?
- Or perhaps you are just looking for a place to make friends who share your passion for the game of golf?
Whatever your goals and skill level are there is a place for you with the Canadian Junior Golf Association (CJGA), Canada’s largest Junior Golf Association.
The CJGA’s competitions & programs are designed to provide players of all ages & skill with a place to develop their game in an environment that is fun, safe & competitive.
Our events & competitions are professionally organized & operated by a dedicated group of staff & volunteers who share a passion for the traditions of the game we all love.
Join the CJGA Today & start your journey through the game of Golf. #YourFutureStartsHere!
WHY JOIN THE CJGA?
Young people should join the CJGA to:
- Improve your skill level
- Prepare themselves for a future in the Golf Industry
- For Health Benefits
- To establish a resume
- To develop lifelong friendships
By becoming a member of the Canadian Junior Golf Association you will be part of an organization that Promotes:
- Development of character
- Honesty and Sportsmanship
- Have a safe place to play
- Learn to deal with your emotion
- Learn to deal with diversity
- Enjoy the scenic outdoors on a golf course
By becoming a member of the Canadian Junior Golf Association you will be helping to grow the game of golf, CJGA Junior/Amateur programs and initiatives.
As an RCAAA (Registered Canadian Amateur Athletic Association) your membership fee is tax deductible & you’ll automatically receive a tax receipt for your registration.
CJGA AMATEUR TOUR
Ages: 19 – 24 years
- Amateur Men (U24)
- Amateur Women (U24)
CJGA JUNIOR TOUR
Ages: 12-18 years
- Junior Boys (U19)
- Junior Girls (U19)
- Bantam Boys (U15)
- Bantam Girls (U15)
CJGA JUVENILE BOYS TOUR
Ages: 15-16 years
- Junior Boys (U17)
CJGA LINKSTER TOUR
Ages: 4-14 years
- Bantam Boys (U15)
- Bantam Girls (U15)
- Peewee Boys (U13)
- Peewee Girls (U13)
- Atom Boys (U11)
- Atom Girls (U11)
- Novice Boys (U9)
- Novice Girls (U9)
9 & 18 Hole Competitions, Multi-Day Competitions
Non-Members of the CJGA:
Juniors who are not current members of the CJGA may enter events with the following restrictions;
- The event the non-member is applying to enter must be considered an “Open” event by the CJGA and available to non-members.
- Must pay the Non-member entry fee (CJGA Amateur and Junior Golfers Tour is $60.00 and the CJGA Linkster Fee is $40.00) for each event which they are applying to enter (if applicable) as a non-member.
- Non-members may only participate in a maximum of two (2) CJGA events in a calendar season. Non-members who wish to participate in more then two (2) events in a season must become FULL members of the CJGA before competing in their third event and must remit payment of applicable membership dues. Non-member fees charged for the first two events will be deducted from the Full Membership Fee.
- Must meet any applicable age requirements for the event for which they are applying to enter.
Important notes for non-members:
- To be eligible to participate and utilize any exemptions awarded by the CJGA for any national or international competitions, juniors must be a Member in good standing with the CJGA for the current calendar season. (Membership may be purchased retroactively of earning said exemption).
- Once the Tournament Entry Deadline has passed, or if the Waitlist for an event has been activated, or for any Invitational Events – entry priority into the field will first be awarded to current CJGA members in good standing.