CJGA Tournament Entry Procedures
Any junior may apply to join the CJGA as a member or enter an event regardless of ability. Junior members may apply to enter as many events as they wish.
Members of the CJGA:
A CJGA member may apply to enter any tournament regardless of ability, provided that they meet the following criteria.
- Must be a current season member of the Tour for which the event is part of.
- Junior Tour Member – may enter Junior or Linkster competitions.
- Linkster Tour Member – may enter Linkster competitions only.
- Must meet any applicable age requirements for the event for which they are applying
- Must be 14 years or under to play events on the Linkster Tour.
Non-Members of the CJGA:
Juniors who are not current members of the CJGA may enter events with the following restrictions;
- The event the non-member is applying to enter must be considered an “Open” event by the CJGA and available to non-members.
- Must pay the Non-member entry fee for the event which they are applying to enter (if applicable).
- Must complete non-member tournament application form and submit it along with full payment of the tournament entry-fee to the CJGA National office prior to the stipulated entry deadline for the event.
- Non-members may only participate in a maximum of two (2) CJGA events in a calendar season. Non-members who wish to participate in more then two (2) events in a season must become members of the CJGA before competing in their third event and must remit payment of applicable membership dues, minus any non-member tournament fees which have been paid in the current season.
- Must meet any applicable age requirements for the event for which they are applying to enter
- Must be 14 years of age or under to play events on the Linkster Tour
Important notes for non-members:
- To be eligible to utilize any exemptions awarded by the CJGA for any national or international competitions, juniors must be a member in good standing with the CJGA for the current calendar season. (Membership may be purchased retroactively of earning said exemption).
- Priority for entry into any events will first be awarded to current CJGA members in good standing.
Tournament Entry Procedures
1. All entrants must register directly with the Canadian Junior Golf Association (CJGA) through the CJGA online registration system or by completing a printable tournament application form & submitting it along with payment to the CJGA national office prior to the tournament entry deadline for the stipulated event.
2. Tournament entries for the:
(a) CJGA Junior Tour is open to all persons aged 12-18. Juniors 11 & under must have CJGA approval before entering into a CJGA Junior Tour event. Juniors will compete in their respective age divisions based on their age as of August 1st of the current calendar year.
(i) Juniors will compete in the following age divisions:
(b) CJGA Linkster Tour is open to all persons aged 5-13. Juniors will compete in their respective age divisions based on their age as of August 1st of the current calendar year.
(i) Linksters will compete in the following age divisions:
3. Applications for all regular CJGA Junior Tour and CJGA Junior Linkster Tour events are accepted on a first come first serve basis. Applicants may register online or send in their applications by mail or fax into the CJGA National Head Office or can call directly into the office to have an application completed.
4. Entry fees and, if applicable, membership fees, must accompany the application for all events in the form of a cheque, money order or credit card (VISA, Mastercard, American Express). Proper payment must accompany all applications in order to be accepted.
(i) Policy for the treatment of nonsufficient funds (NSF) cheques returned from a participant’s bank: A cheque returned due to insufficient funds will incur a NSF charge of $25. The amount of the NSF charge along with the original document fee will be due and payable by money order or credit card. Participants will not be permitted to register for any further tournaments unless the NSF charge has been paid.
5. All applicants will be notified regarding their acceptance into events via e-mail. If you are unsure whether or not you have been accepted into an event, please contact the CJGA National Head Office at 1.877.508.1069.
6. Membership and tournament entry fees are NON-REFUNDABLE once an application has been processed and the applicant is accepted.